Sukrut announces its 7th international conference 2023
Mental health challenges faced by Adolescents in today’s world
16th – 18th February 2023
Sukrut was started in 2008 by a diverse group of professionals, with an aim of developing the potentials of an individual. The term ‘Sukrut’ is made up of two Sanskrit words “Su” which means good and “Krut” means an act. So, at Sukrut we plan activities that bring out the good in individuals and systems.
We advocate a systemic approach to diagnosing and intervening in problems. Harnessing community resources, collaborating with various other healthcare providers to develop a holistic package for each client.
Psychologists from Sukrut have presented papers at both national and international conferences, the ones organized by
OPUS (www.opus.org.uk) and at Belgirate IV, the last one at OPUS 2018 on “Sex, Power and Money at a Crossroads in India”. At OPUS 2017, Sukrut presented two papers — “G stands for Greed: Psychoanalytic Perspectives of a Fallen Hero” and “Does Sturm und Drang unleash the Self?” The papers are an illustration of the successful experiments that Psychologists in Sukrut are doing to construct meaningful interventions in the marketplace of Indian education, industry, and society.
The conference will provide a unique opportunity to share ideas, initiatives and experiences for making this planet a better place for a healthy and prosperous living.
In continuity of its commitment the conference inspires and encourages all stakeholders to rework and rethink from a global perspective while addressing local issues and challenges.
- Post traumatic stress
- Substance abuse
- Internet and teenagers
- Identity crisis
- Psychological aspects: Virtual reality,online social network
- Developing body image and self – esteem
- Panic disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Electronic aggression
- Resorting to suicide
- Exploration of sex, sensuality and sexuality
- Self harm/self injury
- Understanding sexual orientation
- Communicating with your teen
- Mental health disorders in youth
- Cheating, lying, and stealing
- Antisocial behaviour
- Puberty in female and male sexual development
- Eating disorders
- Sexual assault and rape
- Abuse: Physical, sexual, mental, and emotional abuse
- Last date for submission of abstract: August 15th 2022
- Last date for notification of acceptance of abstract: September 15th 2022
- Sudhir Kakar
- Anand Nadkarni